- Let us know that you would like to participate in our kindness programs.
- Join us in our project When Bad Things Happen: what to say and do with your kids.
- Share your talents and skills as a volunteer for Pennies of Time.
- This week, complete an act of kindness with your kids. Need a suggestion? Here are 5 Easy Ways!
Help Right Now:
- Please join us as we gather funds to develop programming that is meaningful and effective.
- Find out ways you can help with our December fundraiser.
- Donate Now:
Yesterday, we made Chemo Care Packages.
At the store, we gathered:
two sets of plastic utensils (fork/knife/spoon) for each package from IKEA (evidently metal utensils taste bad),
stuff for the bad taste in the mouth from chemo (lemon drops/gum),
a notepad with the most darling drawings and messages from the boys
. . . other ideas warm socks/fleece blanket or pashmina and itune gift cards.
The packages are ready! One will be mailed. The others we will drop off at a local oncology office.
Chemo was something that was hard for the kids to understand. Truly, I don’t know that you can understand what it is like unless you or someone close to you goes through it. I’m on the look out for children’s books that will help teach my boys about what it is like.
Other sites to learn more about what it is like to go through chemo:
To Find Out How the Package Delivery Went–Read
Delivering the Chemo Care Packages