Pennies of Time is an established 501(c)(3) organization entirely run by unpaid volunteers.
Pennies of Time is a 100% volunteer operation. All costs for programs to support families, acts of kindness, service projects, and online expenses are completely shouldered by the pockets and skills of volunteers. If you’d like to sponsor a specific service project, please contact Sheila at Sheila@penniesoftime.com . . . it creates giggles to partner with others on service projects that kids do.
In the past 6 months, we have piloted:
- Family Kindness Adventure Program
- One-on-one Mentoring with Parents
- Consulting engagements helping nonprofits become more kid- and family-friendly and allowing kids to volunteer (That is so needed!)
- Large and small group presentations and targeted trainings
- Virtual events like the current Virtual Holiday Kindness Camp
- Local kindness events like Family Service Days, Act of Kindness Booth at family events that include our Wheel of Kindness!
We now have data (along with great stories) that we were able to capture on what happens to families while participating in our programs.
We know that families that complete programs provided by Pennies of Time:
- Say that they fight less after completing the program compared to how much they fought before working with us.
- Report that their levels of happiness are higher at the end of the program than they scored at the beginning.
- Express greater confidence in knowing how to teach their kids to be kind. They have a greater knowledge base and the tools needed to make acts of kindness fun and meaningful.
- Establish longer-term ties to local community service opportunities, seen through building lasting ties to nonprofits in their area.
All donations are appreciated and will be put to the use of teaching kids to serve, sharing the message of the power in serving others, and spreading more kindness across the world. Donations go towards funding kindness events, parent trainings, presentations, service projects, and acts of kindness all designed to help families integrate kindness into busy schedules and raise compassionate problem solvers.
Click the button to donate through PayPal.
Here is what people say about Pennies of Time:
“Our family needed this, I mean, REALLY needed this.
“The kids are changing their ME mentalities bit by bit with each service we provide another.”
“When putting together homeless care packages, my eight year old went and took some of his own things to put inside those packages without a moment’s hesitation. And, he made sure that we didn’t go deliver those packages without him.”
“We had the best time after our day of service. When we got home, my son wrapped up a favorite toy to pass along to his sister. Be still my heart.”
“Pennies of Time is changing our communities, is changing my family! This simple, caring idea is having a powerful influence on others!”
“It was nice to hear my daughter talk about how simple it is to make someone happy sometimes, and how good it feels.”
For more testimonials: