Ingredients for a Kindness Kit
- a Homeless Care Kit in a Sock
- quarters and dollar bills
- balloons to make hats or animal balloons and a balloon pump
- FUN bandaids
- paper flower ready to hand out
- note cards and pencils
- $5 gift cards
- plastic bags for collecting trash
- latex-free gloves
- In the winter, we have spare mittens.
- In the summer, we keep extra snacks and water bottles.
We have had some great experiences with our “on the go” service acts. Sometimes, it is just as simple as recognizing someone that needs a lift and giving them a note, paper flower, or a sticker. (You’d be amazed at how almost everyone loves an unexpected sticker.)
We enjoy our Kindness Kit so much that we have decided that new neighbors will get one from us with some easy acts of kindness to do with their families.
We started our Kindness Kit by putting in things that we used the most often in our acts of service. We put them all in a bag that was forgotten in the back of the closet. Newly repurposed, we filled the bag and threw it in the car. Nothing easier than that!