Life is busy. Being successful with serving each day means that some of our activities need to be done in the convenience of our home.
First, we select the person that we would like to serve. Our usual list of service recipients look like this:
- A family member
- Someone serving in the military or a veteran’s organization (links to ideas on how to help)
- A friend going through a difficult time
- A child that is struggling with a difficult illness
Once we decide who to help, we decide what would be the best way to serve that person. Here are the types of service projects that we complete in our house.
- A special project to help someone in our family. Like doing things for Dad.
- Writing letters that we will mail. (to someone in the military or someone that needs some cheer or a child that needs a letter)
- Creating an electronic picture collage of funny pictures to send electronically. Sometimes it is easier to send something electronically than through the post office. (Idea #1 or Idea #2)
- Putting together a “cheer” package
- Bake a treat or make a meal to take over later (ideas on what to take)
Here are other organizations that help send mail to children that are struggling with a difficult illness:
I would love to hear what you do in your house to serve others.